Friday 12 October 2012

Ebay made me do it #2

As you can tell by the title, I may have gone a bit overboard recently whilst perusing the eBay website... oh well. I like to justify this by telling myself that these were too cheap not to pass up. I got two bracelets and something else I plan to use when I'm in a DIY sort of mood... more on that in a moment.

The first thing I got was this spiked bracelet, after seeing Victoria's eBay post. Seriously, who doesn't love her eBay posts? This girl has such an eye for lovely and affordable things, I have to practice some serious self-restraint every time she has a new post up. I have my eye on those ankle boots next... Anyway, on to the bracelet.

 
It is made from a mix of bronze, gold and silver coloured metal alloy. It doesn't feel very 'weighty' but I don't really mind, it was cheap and I think as a bracelet it's quite nice and spices up an otherwise plain outfit. Now, on to the real gem of all the things I got...
 

How pretty is this? I got this sideways cross bracelet here for a shamefully low price and best of all - free shipping! You can't really tell from the photos but it's a lovely rose gold colour. The cross is 'curved' so it sits nicely on your wrist and the chain is quite fine giving it an elegant look. They also stock these in black or silver. I would definitely recommend this if it's the sort of thing you like.

I also couldn't resist buying these...

 
I plan to do a bit of DIY studding with these but I'm not sure on what exactly. I have already tried studding the side of some Converse (my boyfriend was my guinea pig, I'm not sure how happy he is with them though as they now lie discarded in the corner...) and am keen to try them on some other items of clothing, maybe along the collar of a shirt. How well they will stay put, however, remains to be seen. If you have any tips for me or have experience with this I would love to hear from you! I purchased these studs here.

Happy Friday everyone!

20 comments:

  1. i'm a sucker for ebay jewellery, i can never say no as the prices are so cheap!
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so tempting, I just have to see the words 'free shipping' and then I'm sold :P x

      Delete
  2. Lovely items :).

    Sadie x

    www.brandnewbutterflywings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously its always ebay's fault i second that :) x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right?! I mean, it would almost be rude not to.. :X

      Delete
  4. Oh, eBay jewellery always gets me, too. Haha. Great choices!

    xo,
    Lela
    http://www.LelaLondon.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just ordered some studs, can't wait to get studding all my shirts and collars. You'll have to do a post on what you stud some more stuff. Love your blog :)
    Maddie
    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the cross bracelet, what a gem!

    Gem x
    http://www.gemmameansjewel.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. those braclets are lovely! And I've been dying to buy some studs to stud some things for aaages! Even though i'm also not too sure what I'd stud. I've always not done it yet because I dont know about what sizes to get, what did you get? :3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I order the studs from my DIY projects all from eBay it's awesome :)
    Chloé.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Bracelets !!
    xxLiyana

    LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow i want oth shopping!!!

    www.tomelessismore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are cool pieces!
    -Laurne
    adornlafemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. it´s great and very smart, love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul! Love these items! I atree, who doesn't love her ebay posts, she is a great blogger, and finds the most amazing things :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! :) x